FMCG MONITOR JUNE 2015
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- Compared to May 2015, ID inflation in June 2015 raised 0.11% from 7.15%. Current yearly inflation in June 2015 is 7.26%.
- As the Indonesia’s economy slowing down, the FMCG trend also decreased in June 2015,. The decreasing trend happened both in urban and rural area.
- In decreasing FMCG trends, insecticide still manages to show positive movement in Urban Indonesia, both in volume (in units) bought, penetration, and value growth.
- Modern trade shows declining growth but mini market comes up as the only channel in modern trade that shows positive growth.
- Some big FMCG categories experiencing big decreased due to economic slowdown: Growing Up Milk Powder (GUMP), Biscuits, and more.