FMCG MONITOR Q1 & APRIL 2016
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
This FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Quarterly market update
- FMCG growth movements (total, by SES, & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- FMCG Segment performance
Some highlights in this issue :
- FMCG Growth continues to slowdown in P4 2016 – even though Indonesia’s economic condition is getting healthier. Showing that consumers still cautiously spending their money
- All consumer groups are impacted by the economic slowdown, they reduce their frequency of shopping trips.
- Modern trade channel shows negative growth this period compared to year ago, driven by negative minimarket growth. Fortunately, traditional trade shows positive growth.
- Food and dairy accounts for more than half of the market value. While dairy is enjoying slight positive growth this period, food is facing negative growth, driven mostly by secondary food categories decline like snacks, as consumers still spending their money cautiously.
- Consumers are still cautious on spending their wallet: they tend to focus their spending on daily primary categories.
Please follow link on the right side of this page to download full reports.