2018 Q2 Asia Consumer Insights report is now available with FMCG trends in a variety of categories in the region, covering China, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, India, and Saudi Arabia.
- FMCG in Asia sees positive growth by 3.8% in Q2 2018, compared to 3.3% in Q2 2017.
- Food sector is steady at 3.3%, compared to 2.6% in 2017. Cooking categories like noodles, oil, frozen food and cereals are key growth drivers
- Home care posted another robust growth this quarter at 4.3%, compared to 3.1% in 2017, reinforcing the increased emphasis on home hygiene and cleanliness.
- Personal care remains the fastest growing sector in FMCG at 7.2% and is largely driven by skincare and cosmetics
- Countries like Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam see significant growth in beverage sector, driven by coffee, tea and soft drinks while soy milk is a key player for China. The sector as a whole posted a year-on-year growth of 2.1%.Growth in dairy continues to slow down to 1.4% in Q2 from 2.6% in 2017, though consumption in India is still evolving and overall growth opportunity lies in fresh milk.
- Growth in dairy continues to slow down to 1.4% in Q2 from 2.6% in 2017, though consumption in India is still evolving and overall growth opportunity lies in fresh milk.
*Follow links on the right side of this page to download the full report.