Spotlight on Taiwan
18Q3 FMCG Consumer Insights
2018 Q3 Asia Consumer Insights report is now available with FMCG trends in a variety of categories in the region, covering China, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, India and Saudi Arabia.
Summary key takeaways:
- FMCG in Asia sees an overall positive growth by 4.2% in Q3 2018, compared to 3.2% in Q3 2017. Some households in markets like Saudi Arabia however are focusing on value for money options to maximize spending.
- Food sector sees a healthy growth of 3.7% as compared to 2.8% in Q3 2017 and it is interesting to note that in markets like South Korea and the Philippines, this is seen mainly in the frozen food category.
- The beverage sector sees a boom in growth this quarter at 3% as compared to the -0.4% in Q3 2017. This significant growth was driven mainly by soft drinks and coffee consumption in South Korea.
- Growth in dairy continues to slow down to 1.8% in Q3 from 2.2% in 2018, though consumption in India is still evolving and overall growth opportunity lies in fresh milk.
- Home care and personal care remains fairly consistent at 4.3% and 7.5% respectively, with skincare and cosmetics products leading the growth as per the previous quarter.
For more insight click here to download the full report