Spotlight on Taiwan
2019 Q2 Taiwan FMCG Monitor
Kantar Worldpanel Division announce 2019 Q2 Taiwan FMCG monitor
Food category shows better growth momentum in total FMCG market. Meanwhile, the decline of non-food category has slightly stabilized in this quarter.
- Within package food, convenience-oriented products like breakfast cereal and frozen food are still growing significantly. Cooking-related products are gradually declining, including soy sauce and quick noodles.
- RTD tea maintains its growth, with black tea outperforming others due to more NPD.
- Fresh milk is still the main driver in dairy, while cereal drink has been performing well.
- For home care, toilet paper buyers haven’t fully returned to the market yet.
- EC and hyper are outperforming the market, growing in both food and non-food.
- Super’s leading position is threatened due to weak performance in non-food products like toilet paper and detergent.
- Costco is growing in food (frozen food, Health Food, Liquid Dairy), driving the importance of total hyper.
- EC still has strong performance in non-food, and its share keeps increasing.