2019 Q3 Taiwan FMCG Monitor
Kantar Worldpanel Division announce 2019 Q3 Taiwan FMCG monitor
Total FMCG market maintained a 2.2-percent growth, still driven by food sector, while the decline of non-food became more moderate.
FMCG GROWTH IN Taiwan : YOY
- Package food was driven by convenience-oriented products like breakfast cereal and frozen food. Products like cooking oil, soy sauce, and quick noodles were dropping.
- Fresh milk was still the main driver in dairy, but its growth slowed down in the short run. Cereal drink has been performing well.
- RTD tea, especially green tea and black tea, helped beverage to grow. However, NPDs were less in this quarter.
- Paper products were the main reason to the decline of home care. Toilet paper and pads were underperforming.
Channel Landscape- sales value%
- The importance of EC was growing continuously in both food and non-food.
- Super’s decrease was impacted by cooking food and paper products.
- Within hyper, Costco maintained growth momentum, while Carrefour and RT were not performing well. Thus the share of total hyper remained flat.
- CVS’s growth was led by its beverage.