Spotlight on Taiwan
2020Q3 Taiwan FMCG Monitor
Compared with 2020H1, every key economic indicator in Taiwan is turning better.
As domestic economy steadily recovered with the pandemic, total FMCG market also maintained a 3.1% growth in 20Q3 with the aid of food category.
- The growth of Food & Beverage was primarily led by frozen food, health food, and dairy.
- Within Package Food, cook items like bouillon, quick noodles, and instant noodles had positive performance.
- As for Beverage, fresh milk, RTD tea, soy milk, UHT, and cereal drink continued to grow.
- Non Food
- Within Non-Food, Home Care products like toilet paper & laundry detergent showed uplift, while the performance of Personal Care remained sluggish.
- Internet continued to gain importance, recruiting more buyers in both Food and Non-Food.
- Costco continued its expansion, driving the growth of hyper.
- Within Super, PX Mart & Carrefour Market both showed strong momentum.