CONSUMER INSIGHTS ASIA 2018 Q4
2018 Q4 Asia Consumer Insights report is now available with FMCG trends in a variety of categories in the region, covering China, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, India and Saudi Arabia.
Summary key takeaways:
- FMCG: Consumer spending remains positive across Asia; Philippines the star performer from heavier basket size across demographics.
- FOOD: Demand is stable with convenience food items posted growth in Korea, Philippines and Indonesia.
- BEVERAGES: Stronger growth is registered; NPDs continue to drive consumers attention and growth in Taiwan.
- DAIRY: Growth has slowed down with Indonesia’s decline mainly driven IFFO Gump.
- HOME CARE: Posted stronger growth this year with Thailand shoppers making heavier basket size.
- PERSONAL CARE: Growth remained stable in Q4 as self image continues to be important to Asia consumers.