Spotlight on Taiwan
Kantar released 2019 Q1 Taiwan FMCG Monitor
- The total package food slowed down the growth, whereas consumers love the package food for convenience. These items which can be cooked easily, like breakfast cereal, frozen food showed good growth.
- Beverages had performed well in 19Q1, mainly driven by Milk Tea. However, fresh Green Tea and Four Seasons Green Tea also have good performance.
- Dairy is mainly driven by Fresh Milk. Consumers have higher demand in Fresh Milk, and is a good opportunity for brands.
- Due to the panic buy of toilet paper 18Q1, Home Care products have bad performance. Consumers didn’t return to the market.
- Hyper and Super were the most important channel in Total FMCG market, contributed nearly 50% sales value of the market. Due to decline in Non Food, both of them lost their growing momentum.
- EC maintained strong growing momentum in Non Food and continually threaten the physical channel.