Shopping patterns are returning to normal in Latam
Shopping habits are being transformed across Latin America as people respond to the pandemic and a rising number of fatalities. We identify the sectors that are gaining and the key trends in the major markets including:
- The economy is becoming as big a worry as staying healthy, with 14m jobs lost already and 57% of Mexicans working in the informal economy.
- Shopping patterns are starting to return to normal in grocery at least as consumers work through the stockpiles they purchased at the start of the lockdown.
- Indulgence is on the rise and desserts are increasingly attractive, especially in Peru where 54% have learnt new dishes.
- Brazilian shoppers are rethinking where they shop with Small Self Service Retail winning on Proximity as well as the chance to avoid crowds.
- Traditional TV and virtual gaming have been a winner in Mexico with a 30% increase in the number of TV sets switched on.
What does it mean for your brand or category? Download the 10 slides and get in touch with your queries.