Where are the opportunities in catalogue film?
James Brown, Consumer Insight Director, Entertainment and Telecoms, spoke at the BASE Insight Forum in London on 16 March about consumer behaviour in catalogue film.
In his presentation James identified the important consumer groups, explained their behaviour in catalogue film and the impact on the wider market, and moved on to highlight the opportunities for home entertainment.
James concluded with a range of actions for the industry which will put it in good shape to take advantage of these opportunities:
- Continue to support men aged 60 and over in sharing catalogue film with their families.
- For casual buyers, drive footfall down the entertainment aisle.
- Have a different gifting strategy for families and non-families.
- Better understand why many consumers are leaving home entertainment altogether.
- Drive digital engagement with casual buyers to increase conversion to digital ownership.
- Drive loyalty and repeat purchases with super consumers in store.
- Help super consumers share their experience with others on digital platforms and build their online catalogue.