FMCG Monitor - Q2 2020
Our latest Indonesia FMCG Monitor – Q2 2020 is now out.
Kantar is continuously in contact with your consumers on a weekly basis and across the country. Through FMCG Monitor, we provide an integrated overview of the Indonesian FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and highlights of the latest trends.
How are Indonesians consumers adapting during the COVID-19 pandemic, and how are these changes reflected in festive season? In this edition of FMCG Monitor, we will take a look at how these are reflected in consumers’ behaviors.
Some highlights in this issue:
- Indonesian consumers are starting to gain back their confidence as the government starts to ease lockdown measures.
- Shoppers are prioritizing Fresh food, FMCG and Savings, while spending on clothes, travel and eating out are reduced.
- The increase of share of wallet can also be seen across segments. Shoppers are purchasing more on convenient food, healthy and cleaning category.
- With COVID-19 precautions to keep physical distance, shoppers are starting to shift to proximity channels.
- Despite the growth, 2020 FMCG uplift during festive is slower compared to last year 2020 festive. Several festive categories are enjoying the momentum