Consumer Insights Asia: a visual ride into FMCG growth
FMCG growth in Asia slightly improves in Q1 2018
Asia Consumer Insights Q1 2018 report is now available, with FMCG trends in a variety of categories in the region. This report analyses markets in China, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, India and Saudi Arabia.
These are the summary key takeaways:
- FMCG in Asia grew by 3.8% in Q1 2018, compared to 3.5% in Q1 2017.
- Food sector enjoyed a stronger growth of 3.6%, compared to 2.1% in 2017. Cooking categories such as noodles, sauce, frozen food are growing fast.
- Personal care is the fastest growing sector in FMCG, with 7% year-on-year growth in Q1. Self-appearance is still important to consumers.
- Improved living standard emphasizes home hygiene and cleanliness awareness; home care sector posted a stronger growth of 3.9%.
- Growth in Dairy sector has slowed down to 2% in Q1 from 3.5% in 2017. More marketing initiatives and excitement needed to drive the growth in this sector.
- Beverage sector posted a higher year-on-year growth in Q1, 1.7% as compared to -0.1%% in 2017. NPD is required to continually drive growth.
Click the link on the right to download the full report, with plenty of visual insights into FMCG in the Asiatic regions.
Get in touch
Explore our FMCG consumer panels
Download the reportDownload the report