Consumer Insights Asia: a visual ride into FMCG growth
Asia Consumer Insights Q1 2018 report is now available, with FMCG trends in a variety of categories in the region. This report analyses markets in China, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, India and Saudi Arabia.
These are the summary key takeaways:
- FMCG in Asia grew by 3.8% in Q1 2018, compared to 3.5% in Q1 2017.
- Food sector enjoyed a stronger growth of 3.6%, compared to 2.1% in 2017. Cooking categories such as noodles, sauce, frozen food are growing fast.
- Personal care is the fastest growing sector in FMCG, with 7% year-on-year growth in Q1. Self-appearance is still important to consumers.
- Improved living standard emphasizes home hygiene and cleanliness awareness; home care sector posted a stronger growth of 3.9%.
- Growth in Dairy sector has slowed down to 2% in Q1 from 3.5% in 2017. More marketing initiatives and excitement needed to drive the growth in this sector.
- Beverage sector posted a higher year-on-year growth in Q1, 1.7% as compared to -0.1%% in 2017. NPD is required to continually drive growth.
Click the link on the right to download the full report, with plenty of visual insights into FMCG in the Asiatic regions.