FMCG MONITOR DECEMBER 2014
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- Indonesia's annual inflation rate (Year 2014) is 8.36%. Consumer Price Index (CPI) in December 2014 rose 2.46% from November 2014. The inflation in December 2014 was mainly caused by price increases of several comodities, such as gasoline, food stuff, urban transportation fare, and electricity.
- Total value FMCG urban in Indonesia accelerated due to the price increase. The volume growth is maintained compare to last year. While in Rural area, the growth are captured in value and volume. HHs slightly increased their (volume) consumption by 4%.
- Floor Cleaner shows an excellent growth in Urban Indonesia, both in volume and value wise. This category is able to recruit more consumers in yearly comparison, and the spending per consumer is also increasing. One of the growth driver is the enhancement by some brands in Traditional Trade.
- Among modern trade in Urban, minimarket still contribute the most, yet Supermarket has the role as the rising star in Urban.
- FMCG growth are slowing down this year due to smaller volume purchased that indicated by less frequent shopping trip and higher trip size that is caused by the economic condition.
Please follow link on the right side of this page to download full reports.