FMCG MONITOR EARLY NOVEMBER 2014
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) in October 2014 inflated 0.47% from September 2014. Current YTD inflation (January – October 2014) is 4.19%. In year on year basis, the CPI rose 4.83%.
- The growth of both in Urban and Rural area are mainly driven by price increase instead of unit growth. Buyers still tend to retain themselves to purchase more units. All segments capture positive movement. The most growing segment in Urban is Home Care, and at the same time, Dairy is growing significantly in Rural.
- Canned Food, experienced a double digit value growth, 28%. The increasing number of buyers (penetration) that purchase Canned Food and higher level of consumption boost the category performance.
- In Urban, Supermarket keeps increasing the contribution to Modern Trade Channel. The euphoria of minimarket in rural, boost Rural FMCG movement. The minimarket growth in rural is 27% compare to YA.
- The less affluent consumer still continues to struggle. This will caused consumption declining on main categories for lower class consumers i.e instant noodle and sweet condensed milk.
Please follow link on the right side of this page to download full reports.