FMCG MONITOR JANUARY 2015
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- Indonesia's started the new year 2015 with a deflation of 0.24% vs December 2014. The deflation on January was mainly caused by extreme fuel price decrease. The government cut off the subsidized economy fuel for vehicle while the global oil price is getting down.
- Total value FMCG urban in Indonesia decelerated due to the negative volume growth which last happened in Q4 2013. Home Care is still the most promising segments, however the growth slowed down happened across segments compare to Q4 2014. Just like Urban, Rural area also experienced slower growth. Although dairy is still experiencing highest growth among all.
- One Step or Instant Seasoning experienced excellent growth in Urban Indonesia, contributed mostly by positive volume growth. This justified the growth of convenient goods in Indonesia.
- In Urban, amongst modern trade channel, minimarket has the biggest contribution. At the same time, Traditional Trade performed better compare to last year. Traditional Trade as the most promising channel in Rural, grows by two digits this quarter vs year ago.
- One of the impact of Indonesia economic condition is budget cutting. Some key categories also take a strong price growth in FY 2014 compare to last year's gives even higher pressure to consumers.
Please follow link on the right side of this page to download full reports.