FMCG MONITOR FEBRUARY 2015
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- February 2015 opens with a deflation of 0.36% vs January 2015. The deflation in February 2015 was mainly caused by price paid decreased for some categories such as food, transportation, and communication cost. The decreased price paid of some categories are also the effect of decreased fuel price in January 2015.
- The decelerating trend in last month still continue in February. FMCG in urban area decelerated as well as in rural area. Even though some basic needs - such as chili and transportation cost – were decreasing the price, due to fuel price drop, Price of FMCG products are generally still increasing, affected consumers to decrease their buying products.
- Shower gel experienced excellent growth in Urban Indonesia, This category enjoyed big growth contribution from Standing Pouch packaging. This justified that Indonesian Household prefer a value for money product due to its lower price.
- The share for retailer performance are still similar In Urban, with Mini market still being the biggest contributor in Modern trade, while traditional trade is still the main contributor for amongst trade channels., it’s even getting bigger. Traditional trade also grows by two digits in rural area, We still can see the positive movement for Minimarket in Rural.
- During the past year there are several FMCG categories, that are able to attract more buyers. Among those categories there are top 3 categories that grow the most. These categories are coconut milk, facial tissue, and frozen food.
Please follow link on the right side of this page to download full reports.
Get in touch