FMCG MONITOR Q3 & OCTOBER 2016
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
This FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Quarterly market update
- FMCG growth movements (total, by SES, & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- FMCG Segment performance
Some highlights in this issue :
- In Q3 2016, Indonesia is still enjoying positive economic growth.
- The growth for consumer spending is still positive, though it is driven by an increase in price.
- Consumption across social classes shown a little decline, the increase in spending is also caused by price increase.
- In October 2016, traditional trade is still the most important channel in Indonesia, but modern trade is also getting more important as can be seen that minimarket share is increasing.
- Value growth has mostly slowed down compared to last year, with Food and Beverages shrinking, Home care growing slower, but Dairy and Personal Care growing faster .