FMCG Monitor - Q3 2020
We are pleased to announce our latest Indonesia FMCG Monitor – Q3 2020 is now out.
Kantar is continuously in contact with your consumers on a weekly basis and across the country. Through FMCG Monitor, we provide an integrated overview of the Indonesian FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and highlights of the latest trends.
There have been a lot of adaptation made by government and manufacturers post six months since the first covid19 case announced in Indonesia. How are these reflected in Indonesian's shopping behavior
Some highlights in this issue:
- With COVID-19 lockdown measures affecting economic growth, consumers are still maintaining low confidence levels.
- Consumers continue to prioritize their spending, by allocating more money for Fresh Food and FMCG
- The increase of spend allocation for FMCG is reflected in FMCG’s growth. Buyers purchase more items and spend more. Lower SES showing the modest growth, as they are facing higher financial tension.
- Shoppers are adjusting their purchase behavior, by purchasing more item within each trip.
- As people avoid going to crowded places, the shift to proximity channels becomes more prominent. Proximity channels’ role for impulse shopping is slowly shifting as we see more “grocery” categories being purchased there