FMCG MONITOR JUNE 2014
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) in June 2014 inflated 0.43 percent from May 2014. In Year on year basis, the CPI rose 6.7 percent.
- In Urban, FMCG growth slowing down movement in Q2 2014, is mostly driven by the volume. While in Rural, the volume growth keeps strengthen the FMCG position
- Frozen foods captured an excellent growth in yearly comparison. The incremental of spend per buyer boost the value sales by 39% compare to last year.
- Supermarket contribution is getting bigger in Urban this quarter versus same quarter last year. This channel successfully grew its market share by 1.4 percent. While in Rural, minimarket keep enhancing their wing