Konsumer Insights - Asia Q2 2015
Most of Asian countries’ FMCG values are still growing - though relatively slower than last year
Consumer Insights Asia is our regional publication on FMCG trends. We are in weekly contact with your consumers across Asian countries. We follow trends, combining a macro view with finest data details.
Some key findings in this report are:
- FMCG grows at 4,6%, slower than last year, even half the growth than two years ago (10% in 2013). The slowing down mostly driven by the slowdown of food and beverages that account for 60% Asian household’s baskets.
- Deceleration happens in all sub-regions, North Asia, South East Asia, and India
- Dairy and personal care continue with healthy grow, driven by China (hair care and personal wash among top recruiters)
- Compared to a year ago, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam FMCG value are sharply slowing down.
- In volume, FMCG is growing only 0,4% in Asia. Non-food growing the fastest at 3,8%.
- Sectors Summary:
> Beverages: Indonesia and China’s beverages value is slowing down, while Malaysia is suffering negative growth.
> Food: Most of Asian countries are slowing down, except for Vietnam that having a contraction.
> Personal Care: Personal care category in China shows positive growth
> Home Care: Double digit growth in Indonesia (softeners, dishwash, insecticides among top recruiters).
> Dairy: Double digit growth in China (functional drinks) and Philippines, while contraction happened to India and Malaysia’s dairy category.
Most of Asian countries’ FMCG value are still growing - though relatively slower than last year’s growth – except for Malaysia that showing negative growth.
(*): Vietnam data is only in Urban 4 key cities (Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Noi, Da Nang and Can Tho)
*Follow links on the right side of this page to download full reports.
Get in touch
DOWNLOAD REPORT ENDOWNLOAD REPORT EN