COVID-19: 10 thoughts on its impact across Asia
Welcome to a special edition of “ten slides to make you think” series focusing on the impact COVID-19 is having on our purchase and consumption behaviour – Asia Edition
This is a collation of the 10 slides which we found was most impactful and relevant to brands and retailers. More than ever we believe behavioural evidence has a greater role to play to help us see what's happening clearly and to develop growth strategies and responses to them. We have focussed on insights that truly reveal what happens to people’s personal care and home care, food and beverages routines amid the pandemic, as a way to predict what consequences to expect in future behaviour.
In this particular edition, we have included a feature on:
- Korea: How did shoppers/consumers behave during the Swine Flu, MERs outbreak and how different is it compared to COVID-19?
- Taiwan: Being an ‘exemplary’ country on tackling COVID-19; how did FMCG fair?
- Philippines: With a distinct ‘Rich and Poor’ divide in the market, how are these SECs coping?
- Role of promotion for categories on the path to recovery in China. Be reminded on assessing the right depth, frequency, lever!
- E-commerce versus Brick and Mortar channel in lockdown – who is winning on the longer run in Indonesia?
- Our Beauty panel in China – with personal care being one of the more severely impacted categories – how is it recovering post lock down?
- Plus our other favorite key slides and updates on Out-of-Home purchasing in Vietnam.
DOWNLOAD NOW on the right side of this page. Stay tuned for the next episodes.
As always, get in touch to let us know about the areas that you would like us to feature and explore into.