Konsumer Insights Asia Q3 2017
Overall Asia FMCG market was stable in Q3
2017 Q3 Asia Consumer Insights report is now available with FMCG trends in a variety of categories in the region, covering China, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, India and Saudi Arabia.
*South region in Saudi Arabia is still excluded from this Q3 report as efforts are ongoing to resume data collection.
Summary key takeaways:
- There has been an uptick in FMCG market value growth to 3.4% year-on-year in Q3, compared to 3.3% on the same period last year.
- Personal care is still the fastest growing sector amongst all, with 7.5% year-on-year growth in Q3, revealing consumer focus on better quality life and self-image/ cleanliness.
- Food sector registered stronger growth at 3.2% in Q3, led by increased shopper spend as is basic and essential need.
- Growth in Home Care sector is driven by increased awareness of hygiene. Premiumization in home care products, for example
- imported detergent in Taiwan, is also one of the trend in this sector.
- Consumers nowadays are seeking for health and active living. Nutritional benefit could be one of the key elements to promote and grow in Dairy sector.
- Beverage sector continued to slow down to -0.4% in this quarter. More innovation required to spur future growth of the sector.
*Follow links on the right side of this page to download the full report.