Konsumer Insights Asia Q4 2016
Brighter views in Urban Vietnam, India and Taiwan while a slight deceleration in Asia FMCG market.
Consumer Insights Asia is our regional publication on FMCG trends. We are in weekly contact with your consumers across Asian countries. We follow trends, combining a macro view with finest data details.
Some highlights in the fourth quarter of 2016:
- FMCG grows at 3.1%, slower than last year's growth at 3.9%. The slowdown can also be seen in almost all FMCG sectors.
- Brighter views in Urban Vietnam, India and Taiwan while a slight deceleration in Asia FMCG market.
- In Overall, Asian consumers adopting a more cautious approach to spending during economic uncertainty.
- Sectors Summary:
- Beverages: Category needs excitement, and consumer engagement. Taiwan is the only market where beverages see acceleration.
- Food: Necessities are the main focus, lesser so on indulgences and impulse.
- Personal Care: Growing in almost countries. Remains important to consumers, despite cautionary spending. Is the sector growth driven by necessities? Or nice-to-have items?
- Home Care: Underperforming in almost countries. Consumers seem to stretch their usage during economic downturn.
- Dairy: Flagging in the region, except for Indonesia and Vietnam Urban*.Increased awareness towards health, main driver for growth.
(*): Vietnam Urban includes 4 key cities: Ho Chi Minh, Ha Noi, Da Nang and Can Tho.
*Follow links on the right side of this page to download full reports.
Get in touch
DOWNLOAD REPORT ENDOWNLOAD REPORT EN