Konsumer Insights Asia Q4 2016
Consumer Insights Asia is our regional publication on FMCG trends. We are in weekly contact with your consumers across Asian countries. We follow trends, combining a macro view with finest data details.
Some highlights in the fourth quarter of 2016:
- FMCG grows at 3.1%, slower than last year's growth at 3.9%. The slowdown can also be seen in almost all FMCG sectors.
- Brighter views in Urban Vietnam, India and Taiwan while a slight deceleration in Asia FMCG market.
- In Overall, Asian consumers adopting a more cautious approach to spending during economic uncertainty.
- Sectors Summary:
- Beverages: Category needs excitement, and consumer engagement. Taiwan is the only market where beverages see acceleration.
- Food: Necessities are the main focus, lesser so on indulgences and impulse.
- Personal Care: Growing in almost countries. Remains important to consumers, despite cautionary spending. Is the sector growth driven by necessities? Or nice-to-have items?
- Home Care: Underperforming in almost countries. Consumers seem to stretch their usage during economic downturn.
- Dairy: Flagging in the region, except for Indonesia and Vietnam Urban*.Increased awareness towards health, main driver for growth.
(*): Vietnam Urban includes 4 key cities: Ho Chi Minh, Ha Noi, Da Nang and Can Tho.
*Follow links on the right side of this page to download full reports.
Brighter views in Urban Vietnam, India and Taiwan while a slight deceleration in Asia FMCG market.
DOWNLOAD REPORT ENDOWNLOAD REPORT EN