Vietnamís most chosen brand owners 2016
Kantar Worldpanel’s Brand Footprint 2016
- Unilever, Vinamilk and Masan - Top 3 brand owners in both Urban 4 cities and Rural Vietnam preserve their positions for the fourth consecutive year
- Milo and 3 Mien were the fastest growing within the Beverage and Food ranking respectively, both climbing four places
- In Food sector, Omachi is the greatest recruiter in Urban 4 cities while Chinsu added the most shoppers to its portfolio in Rural Vietnam
- Unilever brand Sunsilk is the top riser in Health & Beauty sector, growing by 21% CRPs* in Urban 4 cities
- Global brands are challenged by their local counterparts in Home Care sector especially in Rural
Kantar Worldpanel’s fourth annual Brand Footprint report launches today, revealing the top 10 FMCG brand owners and the top 10 brands in Health & Beauty, Homecare, Food and Beverages being bought by the most consumers, the most often in Urban 4 Cities (Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Noi, Da Nang and Can Tho) and Rural Vietnam.
Unilever, Vinamilk and Masan – Top 3 brand owners in both Urban 4 cities and Rural Vietnam preserve their positions during four years running. Unilever continues leading the ranking of the most chosen brand owners in Rural while Vinamilk leads the ranking in Urban 4 cities. Masan holds its 2nd place in Rural and 3rd place in Urban 4 cities. All three players achieve high penetration, by entering into almost 100% of Vietnamese households.
Two in the Top 3 brand owners are local players - Vinamilk and Masan dominate Food and Beverage sector while Unilever - the global giant FMCG manufacturer owns the top brands in both Health & Beauty and Home Care sector.
Nestle takes 4th position in the Urban ranking and registers its name in the Rural ranking for the first time. Its products were chosen more than 25 million times by 90% of Urban households and nearly 70 million times by 60% of Rural households last year.
Climbing five places and growing by 27% in CRPs, Uniben Foods is a new comer to the Top 10 Rural ranking. Its products were purchased nearly 84 million times in Rural, mainly thanks to the outstanding performance of 3 Mien.
The top 10 brand owners in Urban 4 Cities and Rural Vietnam revealed by Kantar Worldpanel’s Brand Footprint 2016 are:
* CRPs: Consumer Reach Points / M: Million
Kantar Worldpanel’s Brand Footprint Ranking reveals the strength of brands in 44 countries around the world, across the Food, Beverage, Health and Beauty and Home Care sectors. It uses an insightful metric called Consumer Reach Points which measures how many households around the world are buying a brand (its penetration) and how often (the number of times shoppers acquire the brand). The data for this year’s rankings was collected over the 52 week period between October 2014 and October 2015. All data relates to purchases that are brought into the home.
This unique calculation of penetration and frequency helps FMCG manufacturers to clearly understand their Vietnam and global reach in terms of actual basket reach and provides a vital guide on which regions present the biggest opportunities.
*Follow links on the right side of this page to download the full report and press releases in both English and Vietnamese.