FMCG MONITOR AUGUST 2015
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- Compared to July 2015, ID inflation in August 2015 decreased from 7.26% to 7.18%. The average rate for USD 1 is IDR 13,712 for August 2015.
- FMCG trend is still below last year trend, though it showed an early sign of recovery in August 2015. The negative volume trend is mainly driven by the number of shopping trip (frequency) plunge.
- Drinking tea has became a daily habit for most people in Indonesia, so its not surprising that tea still came up as a strong category even at difficult economy time. Also, Eid and festive also help tea a lot to survive the wave.
- Modern trade shows declining growth compared to last year while traditional trade shows positive growth this year.
- Out of Home consumption is as much important as in home consumption for some categories – especially for Ready to drink and Ready to eat categories.
Please follow link on the right side of this page to download full reports.
FMCG trend is still below last year trend, though it showed an early sign of recovery in August 2015. The negative volume trend is mainly driven by the number of shopping trip (frequency) plunge.