FMCG MONITOR MARCH 2015
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- After deflation until February 2015, the inflation finally arrived in March 2015 with 0.17% vs February. The inflation in March 2015 happened because price increase for some categories such as RTE Food, Beverages, and Cigarettes.
- The decelerating trend in last month still continue in March. FMCG deceleration happened in both urban and rural area. The slowed-down price growth that happened on more than a half of top categories effecting on total slower price growth.
- Dish Wash show well performance in Urban Indonesia. Based on volume growth, this category increased a lot which happened due to increasing penetration and growing consumption. People nowadays tend to spend to smaller size for dish wash in form of sachet and refill.
- The most contributor for retailer is still obviously dominated by Traditional Trade both in Urban and Rural. While Minimarket is still being the biggest contributor in Modern Trade.
- In order to gain more penetration, continuous recruitment is the activity that must be done to become a big brand. Some countries data compilation said, the difference between Big and Small brands are number of the buyers, not how loyal the buyers are.
Please follow link on the right side of this page to download full reports.