FMCG MONITOR FULL YEAR 2015
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- Compared to November 2015, ID inflation in December 2015 decreased from 4.89% to 3.35%. The average rate for USD 1 is Rp 13,960- in December 2015
- Compared to previous years’ growth, FMCG growth in 2015 is dropping quite steep. Economic slowdown impacting consumers behavior, causing FMCG categories to also feel the effect.
- Throughout the year, most segments growth are slower, some even showed negative growth both in value and volume. Foods and Dairy are the segments that were impacted the most by the economic slowdown.
- With 15% value growth, 10% volume (L) and 1.4 penetration points growth, dish wash comes up as the hottest category of 2015.
- Throughout 2015, all trade channels are impacted by the economic slow down since people also less frequent to shop
- During difficult economy time in 2015, consumers tend to behave differently compared to previous years. Find out more in this section.
Compared to November 2015, ID inflation in December 2015 decreased from 4.89% to 3.35%.
The average rate for USD 1 is Rp 13,926- in December 2015
Get in touch
Marketing Director, Marketing
- +6221 29392697
- Send a messageFanny Murhayati