FMCG MONITOR JANUARY 2016
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- Compared to December 2015, ID inflation in January 2016 increased from 3.35% to 4.14%. The average rate for USD 1 is Rp 13,958- in January 2016
- FMCG still shows no sign of recovery in the beginning of 2016. Consumers still hold their consumption,
- Coconut Milk is still enjoying growth in early year 2016 with 4% volume growth (in unit) and 3% value increase
- Modern trade is still enjoying positive value growth with Minimarket as the biggest modern trade channel.
- Early 2016 is not a good time for beverages, especially carbonated soft drink that lose its volume the most. Find out more here to know where CSD volume goes.