FMCG MONITOR SEPTEMBER 2015
FMCG Monitor is a monthly report published by Kantar Worldpanel, with the goal to provide a brief overview of Indonesia FMCG market and its evolution across sectors and channels as well as the most updated highlights.
Each FMCG Monitor will take you through market updates on:
- Key economic indicators
- FMCG growth movements (total & by sectors)
- Retailer snapshot
- Hot categories
Some highlights in this issue :
- Compared to August 2015, ID inflation in September 2015 decreased from 7.18% to 6.83%. The average rate for USD 1 is Rp 14,396,- in September 2015
- FMCG sector continues to decline, though FMCG value and volume were slightly increased, most likely driven by festive and Eid. Moreover, after a little recovery in Q2, the number of shopping trips continue to slow down.
- Seasoning and stock as one of convenience product is showing positive growth in terms of number of shopping trip. Even when consumers started to put some categories out of their shopping repertoire, seasoning & stocks remain.
- Modern trade still shows negative growth, though supermarket shows positive sign. Traditional trade, also only shows slightly positive growth.
- Consumers reduced consumption on more categories this year and they put greater focus on necessities categories. This caused consumption of less necessities categories are reduced since household’s cash flow is tightening.
Please follow link on the right side of this page to download full reports.