In-home FMCG Monitor Full Year 2021
The latest Indonesia FMCG In-home Monitor FY 2021 is now out.
Kantar is continuously in contact with your consumers on a weekly basis and across the country. Through FMCG Monitor, we provide an overview of the Indonesian FMCG In-home market and its evolution across sectors and highlights of the latest trends.
In the full year 2021 edition, the economy and FMCG industry has shown a good trajectory to recover, yet shoppers remain prudent with their spending and low shopping frequency become a new normal.
Read our latest edition of FMCG monitor to learn the dynamic among Indonesian consumers.
Some highlights in this quarter:
- Indonesia’s economy was slowly recovered shown by 5.02% growth in the last quarter. The recovery was supported by loosened Covid-19 restrictions and rising vaccinations rate.
- FMCG growth was softer than 2020 and shopping trip remained challenging, suggesting higher importance to win over the limited trip with bigger trip size.
- Higher spending and bigger basket size were seen among middle to lower class buyers who drove the overall growth hence important to optimize recruitment strategy beyond upper class
- Food and personal care spending were higher due to bigger basket size, extending the need to offer value for money proposition and reformulate recruitment strategy for each category.
- Traditional Trade remained prominent and omnichannel behavior is seen with promising growth from Online channel hence strong presence across online and offline stores become a hygiene factor.
- Internet’s relevancy gets stronger among FMCG shoppers. Brands need to be stand out and craft strategies to reach their shoppers on the internet.
Get in touch
Download report hereDownload report here