FMCG Monitor - Q2 2021
The latest Indonesia FMCG In-home Monitor Q2 2021 is now out.
Kantar is continuously in contact with your consumers on a weekly basis and across the country. Through FMCG Monitor, we provide an overview of the Indonesian FMCG In-home market and its evolution across sectors and highlights of the latest trends.
In Q2, we experienced the festive season and its uplift. Different from last year's celebration which was more isolated, the activity this year is getting to a new normal phase. With more activities outside the house, consumers' consumption in this year's festive is unique compared to the previous years. Check out this edition to read a glimpse of the festive trends.
Some highlights in this quarter:
- Indonesia’s economy is recovering due to low base effect with household consumption manage to rebound in the recent quarter.
- Household spending allocation is expanding beyond food and FMCG towards healthcare and travel during festive season.
- Shoppers are reprioritizing their spending amidst the emerging case of COVID-19 in Indonesia. Middle class shoppers purchase less often, but they still manage to compensate it with bigger basket and higher spending. Consumption remains increasing for Home Care, Dairy, and Personal Care as spending for Food keeps on increasing.
- Traditional Trade is the key channel for FMCG with Online getting higher relevancy.
- Find out more interesting festive facts and growing sectors during Ramadan 2021.