FMCG Monitor - Q1 2021
The latest Indonesia FMCG In-home Monitor Q1 2021 is now out.
Kantar is continuously in contact with your consumers on a weekly basis and across the country. Through FMCG Monitor, we provide an overview of the Indonesian FMCG In-home market and its evolution across sectors and highlights of the latest trends.
As we went past more than 1 year of pandemic, we see some dynamics change in Indonesian buyers' shopping behaviors. There are several factors that influence this dynamic, including government regulations, COVID-19 cases development, and movement restrictions. Read our latest edition of FMCG monitor to learn the dynamic among Indonesian consumers.
Some highlights in this quarter:
- Indonesia’s GDP is still struggling for the fourth consecutive quarter but it is slowly moving towards getting into the positive growth territory
- Households still prioritizing their spending with allocation for Fresh Food and FMCG while controlling their spends on Entertainment, Travel and Eating Out.
- Shoppers are rationalizing the price they pay in purchasing FMCG products. More affluent shoppers grow their basket size and spending faster at the expense of maintaining their shopping trips.
- Proximity channel remains prominent for FMCG shoppers, while Online channel continuing its fast growth.
- Discover more Online channel's FMCG buyers composition and their preferences.