Asia Consumer Insights Q4 2018
In this 2018 Q4 edition of the Asia Consumer Insights, we cover key FMCG trends in a variety of categories across China, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, India, and Saudi Arabia.
Key highlights for this issue:
- FMCG in Asia sees an overall positive growth by 4.3% in Q4 2018, compared to 4.1% in Q4 2017. Of the sub-sectors, China leads the growth for Northeast Asia at 5.2% while the Philippines leads the growth for Southeast Asia at a stellar 11.3%.
- The beverage sector sees a healthy growth spurt this quarter at 2.4% as compared to 1.5% in Q3 2017. This was driven mainly by countries like India, Korea, Philippines, and Taiwan.
- Home care posted a robust growth at 5.6% for this quarter versus 3.6% in Q4 2017, said to be largely due to bigger basket purchases.
- Personal Food sector sees an appetizing growth of 3.9% as compared to 3.6% in Q4 2017, attributed to the convenience food demand in countries like Korea, Philippines and Indonesia.
- Filipino shoppers pay more attention to their skin care as face cream and lotions are gaining momentum
- Modern Trade continues to aggressively expand in the country, outgrowing traditional rade
Click the link on the right to download the full report, with plenty of visual insights into FMCG in the Asiatic regions.