Regional Differences In The Season of Giving
The lunar new year is the most important and popular traditional festival among Vietnamese people. This unique festive season plays as a strong momentum to boost up a spectacular spending spree across the country. With the contribution of one-third of total FMCG value in Tet 2018, “gift-giving” remains its pivotal role as a common traditional custom for years and also a key driver of Tet performance. In order to maximize the business growth, understanding the differences in gift-giving by region is crucial.
Within this report, we will explore some major findings:
- With a long holiday, many activities will take place in the upcoming Tet, opening growth opportunities for manufacturers, retailers and service providers.
- Northerners seem to value gifting culture more than others.
- Besides family members, Hanoians also prefer giving gifts to their superiors, while in Ho Chi Minh city, neighbors are more likely to receive Tet gifts.
- The most popular gift types and the key criteria to choose gifts between Urban and Rural areas.
- Hyper/supermarkets and street shops are key shopping places for gift shoppers in Urban whereas wet market plays a more important role in Rural toward the South.
*Follow links on the right side of this page to download full reports in both English and Vietnamese.
Get in touch
Get in touch
Subscribe to Vietnam mailing list
DOWNLOAD REPORT ENDOWNLOAD REPORT EN DOWNLOAD REPORT VNDOWNLOAD REPORT VN